Wednesday, January 27, 2010

snacky treat from my childhood




I found a recipe recently for Peanut Butter Balls, and I flashed back to my childhood. I don't know who started it, maybe juniper, but we would make these treats all the time. A great little snack to take on an afternoon adventure or if you need a little dessert. It only takes a few things from your pantry, no baking and are wonderfully delicious.

1 c. peanut butter or almond butter
1 c. wheat germ
1/2 c. raisins
1.4 c. honey
1.2 c. coconut flakes




mix










Roll into bite size balls & coat with coconut. Vary the recipe & add any nuts, chocolate chips, other dried fruit, ferina or even dried milk powder. My own little version of 'chunks of energy'.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Takes me back-they look great!

Juniper said...

hee hee love it! Have not made these since my pregnant days... but I think kids would love em! Thanks for the reminder and recipe!

Little C and Little J said...

I'm going to make this with the boys tomorrow. I think we used to eat something similar when I was little. Gotta love the universal influence of hippie parents.