Friday, January 22, 2010

Felix's quilt






































finally, it's sooo close I can't wait to tuck Felix in under his big boy quilt. This was my first attempt to make a quilt, and without a lot of help I wouldn't have made it. I had all the fabric, some vintage bark-cloth with all it's nubby texture and a very large repeat which I didn't want to cut up. I added some wood grain fabric, some orange corduroy, hounds-tooth, vintage napkins, denim and some ikea fabric to give it a boost. I thought it would be a nice big boy quilt, to replace the one he received as a baby.
I got some great design advice from Meg, Beth and others from our awesome craft group. And quilting help from the wonderful ladies at this shop ( a treasure!!) . So in the frenzy of pre-Christmas crafting I shoved this baby through my sewing machine but stopped short of adding the trim.
I'm really pleased with the way it turned out, even with the wrinkles, warps and fudges, it's just like a mothers love rite? So now with a rainy weekend forecast, I'm hoping to finish it up while watching the Lion King again.

5 comments:

Juniper said...

Wonderful quilt lil!!! Really beautiful!! Am so so impressed. Love the story like landscapes and the pattern of patches, very very cool.

Little C and Little J said...

Lily, this is so fantastic. K and I were just marveling at how beautifully you pulled such disparate pieces together. It really shows off your artistic eye.

Anonymous said...

Aunt Barb and I love the quilt!

Guusje said...

My oh My, that is fantastic!

Nice to meet you, i'm one of Juniper's girlfriend from england.

Guusje

Anonymous said...

Yay yay yay!!!
Looks AWESOME!!