Wednesday, December 23, 2009

where I've been

the pile in my studio of the finished & the unfinished gifts.
my SIL's knitting tote, filled with 2 skeins of wool ( pink of course) & a simple tutorial from here.
this was the last last last minute gift, I saw here & immediately ordered the supplies. I wrapped an embroidery hoop with extra batting trimmings ( from the next project) and wrapped more felt around it so it would be fatter. It worked well, without having to go to JoAnne's again.
(sorry about the orientation ) This year for some reason I made my first quilt, for Felix, I'll have another post about the whole process later, with better photo's.
A knitted penguin for Oscar, another one is on the needles for Felix. I saw the pattern here & had the perfect yarn. An easy pattern I would recomend to any amateur knitter ( like myself.)
Quick little vest for Oscar in this cute polar fleece. Felix is getting some pj pants made from the same material. Couldn't help it.
And a few totes for my other SIL's & in-laws, inspired by at the end of this row.

I didn't mean to make so much or to make myself crazy ( or my husband). And all in all I'm feeling very satisfied. Maybe it's because I won't be with my family for christmas, or maybe I'm trying to prove something but I hope all of this shows that I enjoy making functional art. And like everyone, we have no money to spend this year, so it was a good challenge. Most of the material & yarn was from my stash, yeahhhh! Most of the inspiration was from my com-padres here at home or online, and all was doable. Maybe after all of this Christmasing I'll get back into CCsking again with my extra time. or maybe not.

hope you & yours have a great holiday, I think it's time to make cookies!



1 comment:

Elizabeth @claritychaos said...

Love it! I admire you so much for all of these hand-made gifts. I wish I was more crafty, but alas, my craft is pretty much limited to stringing words together or weaving sentances into something pretty. ;)

Anyway, this makes me miss you more and I hope we can pull off a get together, with or without any combination of little boys.

xo Merry christmas!

-elizabeth